Specialised programmes in business analytics, management finance and accounting develop business acumen, decision making and leadership aptitude through practical and professional training in a global learning environment. Ireland has become a hub for digital innovation, technology, and research, resulting in industry collaborations between universities and higher education institutes and leading to the development of industry-specific curriculums. Consequently, business graduates from top Irish universities enjoy better job prospects and employability.
The Smurfit Business School at University College Dublin is internationally renowned for quality education, industry oriented business programmes and world class faculty members. Learn about the best graduate business programmes available for international students at UCD below.
Five Reasons to Study Business at UCD School of Business
- Strong academic leadership of more than 100 scholars who are experts in their subject areas and hold the highest academic qualifications from the world’s best universities
- Globally ranked and one of the very few business schools in the world to hold the triple crown for business school accreditation - EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB
- Ireland is one of the safest countries in the world, and three of its university towns have been declared as the world’s friendliest cities
- A strong business alumni network of 70,000+ undergraduates and postgraduates in over 100 countries
- Global alliances and international partnerships with leading business schools and organisations such as CEMS and GNAM
Popular Postgraduate Degrees in Business, Finance and Accounting at UCD
- MSc in Finance
Ranked 36th by the Financial Times, the MSc in Finance at University College Dublin helps students acquire specialised knowledge and skills to work in the financial services industry. This programme holds recognition from the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA) as 70% of the course content is similar, giving a head start to CFA aspirants.
- What they say: "You will acquire the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge, as well as the skills required for a career in the financial services industry - in investment banks, commercial banks, fund management, insurance companies, securitisation and trading houses, stock brokers, and in finance divisions of firms in other industries."
- Entry requirements: An honours bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a finance-related subject. Candidates may be asked to sit for the GMAT. International students require proof of English language proficiency.
- International fees: €27,450
- Master of Accounting
A leading accounting graduate degree in Ireland, the Master of Accounting programme is perfect for top business graduates pursuing a career in accounting and corporate finance. The curriculum includes a significant IT dimension, enabling students to gain command of the tools required to excel in the profession. Students from the programme consistently perform better in the Chartered Accountants Ireland final examinations.
- What they say: "Our focus is not just on the development of technical skills but also on the development of complex problem-solving, critical thinking and softer people skills in our graduates."
- Entry requirements: A first class or second class honours business degree or a primary degree with a minimum of three years of work experience. International students require English language proficiency.
- International fees: €22,600
- MSc in International Management / CEMS MIM
UCD's MSc in International Management/ CEMS MIM is a dual degree recognised by CEMS, a global alliance of leading business schools, multinationals and NGOs. This business master programme at UCD is the 7th best in the world, according to the Financial Times. It requires training in an additional CEMS-accredited foreign language with a mandatory semester abroad to develop interpersonal skills as an international business manager.
- What they say: "The CEMS Masters in International Management is devised by both academic and business leaders, bridging university education and business expertise, thus offering keen insight into management best practices via seminars, core courses, electives, language teaching and internships."
- Entry requirements: A minimum second-class honours degree in a relevant field where modules from Economics were taken or a primary degree with three years of work experience. English language proficiency is also required.
- International fees: €22,600
- Full-Time MBA
The Smurfit Business School's Full-Time MBA has triple accreditation from EQUIS (Europe), AMBA (UK) and AACSB (US) and has been in the world’s top 100 MBA programmes list of The Financial Times and The Economist Intelligence Unit since 2000. With a diverse international academic staff and almost 71% of students of different nationalities, this is a truly global MBA programme.
- What they say: "As an MBA student, you will build on your previous experience and gain practical skills in emerging business topics, Finance, Strategy, Marketing, Accounting, Economics, Human Resources and Leadership among other disciplines."
- Entry requirements: A university degree with at least three years of work experience. A GMAT score of 600 and English language proficiency are also required.
- International fees: €36,990
- Executive MBA
The Executive MBA at Smurfit is an international programme placed in the world's top 100 by the Financial Times. The EMBA offers flexibility to continue with your career and maintain earnings while also developing leadership potential and building a global network of contacts.
- What they say: "The programme is structured over two years during which time you will complete core modules, a major project and the opportunity to take modules in locations across the globe."
- Entry requirements: A university degree in a relevant field with at least three years of work experience. GMAT score of 520 or above and English language proficiency scores are also required.
- International fees: €18,490
- MSc in Business Analytics
UCD’s MSc in Business Analytics, ranked 13th in the world by QS World University, is a highly specialised course. Students are taught the latest quantitative analysis techniques and other computer-based analytical skills helpful in business decision-making and consultation.
- What they say: "Available in one-year full-time and two-year part-time formats, this programme is suitable for graduates from technical disciplines such as Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics with a talent for and interest in finding mathematical or computer solutions to business problems."
- Entry requirements: A minimum second-class honours degree in Engineering, Computer Science and other Sciences. Candidates with a Business Studies background must have taken Management Information Systems or Mathematics. GMAT or GRE scores may also be considered for specific cases. International students require English language proficiency.
- International fees: €24,800
- MSc in Digital Innovation
Suitable for graduates of any discipline, the MSc in Digital Innovation course is very popular with business and IT professionals who want to learn to incorporate greater functionality in business processes through digital innovation and technology-centric business transformation.
- What they say: "With digital innovation at the heart of transformation across the global business spectrum, the MSc in Digital Innovation champions the vital qualities to lead the strategic development and deployment of new technology and systems."
- Entry requirements: A minimum second-class honours degree in any discipline and English language proficiency scores.
- International fees: €22,600
Other popular graduate business programmes include:
- MSc in Digital Marketing
- MSc Marketing
- MSc in Strategic Management Accounting
- MSc in Aviation Finance
- MSc in International Business
- MSc in Management, which is in the top 50 globally according to QS World University Rankings.
Study in Ireland
Arrange a free consultation with SI-Ireland to get expert guidance on Irish universities, courses, scholarships, applications and student visas.