Business and management courses have been gaining immense popularity in Ireland. In the last couple of decades, the country has spent a lot promoting its business schools, becoming one of the world’s most prominent hubs of business education. Thousands of international students apply to study a management programme at Irish universities known for their state-of-the-art infrastructure and deep collaboration with the industry.
Ireland is home to the European headquarters of several top global giants, from Google to Facebook and Microsoft to Apple. In addition, it is the only English-speaking country in European Union, further increasing its significance in the business world.
Learn more about the top seven universities in Ireland for Business (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022) below, and if you would like to apply, arrange a free consultation with SI-Ireland today.
Top Seven Universities in Ireland for Business
1. University College Dublin
UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School defines its Full-time MBA programme in three worlds: Experiential, Transformational and International. The one-year programme covers several key topics, including corporate finance, operations management, business economics, and human resource strategies. According to UCD MBA Careers Network, 90% of Smurfit graduates are employed within 3 months.
Pursuing the course in one of the world’s most vibrant capital cities, Dublin, makes your experience at the campus even more amazing.
- UCD business course: Full-time MBA
- International fees: €62,300
- Entry requirements: A minimum of three years’ quality professional experience and a minimum GMAT score of 600.
2. Trinity College Dublin
Trinity Business School’s MSc in Entrepreneurship programme is ranked 1st in Ireland and 7th globally for entrepreneurship, according to Eduniversal 2022. The 12-month course consists of 10 core modules, including business model innovation, strategic & technological entrepreneurship, brand management, and entrepreneurial well-being.
Trinity also offers a full-time immersive and transformative MBA programme mainly focused on students’ leadership development. The Trinity Entrepreneurial Society, a student-run group, assists students and fosters their entrepreneurial apprehension.
- Trinity business course: MSc in Entrepreneurship
- International fees: €21,500
- Entry requirements: A minimum 2.1 honours degree or international equivalent.
3. Dublin City University
DCU Business School is among the only three Irish B-schools to feature in the Financial Times European Business School Rankings 2022. Its MSc in International Accounting and Business is a 12-month course that encourages critical thinking, analytical & managerial competence, and teamwork.
The university is based in Dublin, a global business, finance and innovation centre. After completing the degree, a student gets a diverse range of opportunities to fulfil his/her career dreams.
- Dublin City business course: MSc in International Accounting and Business
- International fees: €16,000
- Entry requirements: A 2.1 Honours degree in any discipline or equivalent international qualification (professional qualifications are preferred)
4. University of Galway
J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics of the University of Galway aims to develop globally talented leaders with an Irish edge through its state-of-the-art MBA programme. The course revolves around entrepreneurial development, public sector management, innovation, and strategic leadership principles. Galway’s MBA promotes real-world learning and engages its students in company-based consultancy assignments.
At Galway, you will experience an integrated learning environment that will significantly transform you into a business economist.
- Galway business course: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- International fees: €16,105
- Entry requirements: Graduates with at least three years of relevant post-graduation business experience or five years of work experience for not-graduates
5. University College Cork
Cork University Business School’s MSc in Business Economics is a 90-credit programme that includes global business strategy, corporate treasury management, and business survey data analytics in its curriculum. After the programme completion, graduates develop strong leadership, interpretation, and decision-making skills.
Industry professionals design this highly innovative course to train students according to the modern world’s requirements. The learning will help students demonstrate advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- UCC business course: MSc in Business Economics
- International fees: €18,500
- Entry requirements: Minimum 2nd Class Honours Grade II in a primary honours degree (NFQ Level 8) or equivalent.
6. University of Limerick
The MA in Business Management at Limerick’s Kemmy Business School is among the most reputed in Ireland. Top industry professionals design the one-year course to meet the modern business world’s requirements. The programme helps students explore the endless possibilities in today’s market by applying management principles.
The course is specifically designed to meet the needs of graduates who are not from a business background. Through an integrated curriculum, the programme helps students get acquainted with major business disciplines and pursue a career in the highly-competitive business world.
- Limerick business course: MA in Business Management
- International fees: €17,543
- Entry requirements: Minimum of a second-class honours primary degree (2.2) (Level 8 - NQAI) in any field other than Business or Commerce.
7. TU Dublin
MSc Business and Entrepreneurship at TU Dublin is dedicated to learning operations management, venture finance and law, accounting, and marketing. TU Dublin programme is designed to help graduates innovate success. The one-year programme train students to tackle a range of business challenges effectively.
You will understand how management principles can be applied to social development. By empowering students to take the road to entrepreneurship and motivating them to innovate, the programme aims to hone their decision-making and business management skills.
- UCD business course: MSc Business and Entrepreneurship
- International fees: €15,500
- Entry requirements: A honours bachelor degree (2H2 or higher) from an overseas university equivalent to an Irish 3rd-level institution.
Study a Business Course in Ireland
Are you considering studying business and management at an Irish university? Arrange a free consultation with SI-Ireland and get all your questions answered regarding programmes, university selection, and entry requirements.